Winter Music Conference is a weeklong electronic music conference and festival, held every March in Miami. DJs, promoters and fans from around the world make the trip each year to see EDM’s biggest and emerging talent.
We caught up with Sariah, who’s latest single “Kill The Lights,” is igniting dance floors and one of our “must see” artists for this year.
1) You recently released the new, infectious dance track, “Kill The Lights.” How would you say your sound has developed? Give us an insight into your writing process.
I love that word, “infectious!” Beginning with the writing process, I have grown so much as a singer, actress, friend, daughter, and lover that I really feel it all connects with my music. I really wanted a POWER house record. I wanted something that would make my audience feel alive, sexy, courageous, and unique! This track, “Kill The Lights" did that for me the second I began working on it with Marisol Credle and DJ Cova. My sound has developed into more than just a dance track and I want it to become an anthem heard around the world!
2) Many argue that in today’s music industry, it’s better to release fewer tracks more frequently. What are your thoughts on this? Also, I’m sure I speak for a great deal of your fans when asking if there are plans for a full album of tracks?
I really feel that it is important to constantly be working on the next. I love my producer, DJ Cova, because he always teaches me that it’s about your next song. Keep pushing forward and creating because that is how you grow and continue to find yourself as an artist. It is important to focus on each track you release and give it its journey for your fans, the crowd, the DJ’s and radio. But, I honestly feel there are no more rules! Artists should do what they want to and release however many songs they feel is great for them. I’ve been exploring into film and theater which is constantly inspiring me to write new music!
3) I’ve noticed you’ve been receiving quite a bit of press in Miami surrounding WMC (Winter Music Conference). Can you tell us a little about the festival and your previous experiences performing there?
I always have a wonderful time at WMC! My first year was the best because I met SO many DJ’s and producers from around the world. That’s why I love it so much. Then, each year I am able to catch up with them and meet more people they are connected to. I met Jellybean Benitez who produced many of Madonna’s early tracks, David Guetta and many more! This year should be a great time as well. I look forward to “Kill The Lights" being a part of the Promo Only record passed out this year, too!
4) Rumor has it, “Kill The Lights" will be debuted live at WMC. When and where can fans catch a live performance?
Your rumor is true :) I will be performing at The Palace on March 24th and a few others! Please check out my Facebook page for all of the events I will be performing at LIVE! www.Facebook.com/Sariah
5) Final question, is it really “All About Sex”? :)
Isn’t it?! :)